Life through music. When something is important to you it tends to infuence your life and it becomes a part of who you are. This something for me is music; I simply cannot live without it. Through this blog I share some insights and reflections upon the music in my life.


Saturday, March 24, 2012

'Best gig ever'

Today, March 24 2012, is a special day.

Two years ago, at the Royal Albert Hall in London, Suede played their reunion gig for the Teenage Cancer Trust and a venue full of elated fans.

Today, two years after the show, the DVD book set of this gig is released, giving us the means to relive that fantastic night over and over again.


I still recall that evening so well; the love, the magic, the wonderful songs and the fantastic performance. As Brett Anderson has said, the 'best gig ever'.

When I got home from London I tried to write about it in 'It's over for know' and 'A few days on', but it was all so emotional for me so it's no surprise that I didn't manage to get across what I wanted to say. At that time I didn't know that I would see them play live five more times in a little more than a year's time from then. At that time I only knew how glad I was that I had had the possibility to see them live again after some 7.5 years and how magical it had been, and how sad I was since it was all over.

I pre-ordered my copy of the book set some time ago and I now await its arrival, it will be a special day when I can hold it in my hands, watch it and listen to it. I am so looking forward to it, I have wanted this since the day after the gig and now the time has come.

No comments:

Post a Comment