Life through music. When something is important to you it tends to infuence your life and it becomes a part of who you are. This something for me is music; I simply cannot live without it. Through this blog I share some insights and reflections upon the music in my life.


Friday, May 25, 2012

Det definitiva drevet

When I saw Jakob Hellman play about a month ago, Magnus Ekelund (& Stålet) played before him (and also with him later on). Magnus Ekelund played most of his songs with himself solo on guitar and song. And even though I had some difficulty accepting his way of singing in a, kind of, monotone way, I liked the music in many of the songs. However, after listening to his former album 'Svart flagg' I came to the conclusion that I only liked a few songs of his.

Today I listen to his latest album 'Det definitiva drevet'. With no expectations I played it, and it was such a pleasant surprise. Not only is the music fantastic, what a difference from a single guitar, his way of singing is different, more soulful, and I like it. I really like it. This album contains the songs I liked from the concert.

Here's one of the songs from the album, 'Ymer II':



And, here's the first single from the album 'Det definitiva drevet', 'Supernova':

No comments:

Post a Comment