Life through music. When something is important to you it tends to infuence your life and it becomes a part of who you are. This something for me is music; I simply cannot live without it. Through this blog I share some insights and reflections upon the music in my life.


Thursday, June 03, 2010

On the radio

I'm currently listening to a long-time favourite of mine when it comes to radio shows. It’s Swedish Radio’s P3 Pop. I used to listen to it every Monday night between ten and midnight when I was in my teens, and later on too. It was two hours of ‘my kind of music’. Music that wasn’t played that often on day time radio and new music that I probably wouldn’t have come across if it wasn’t for this programme.

The years I started to listen to this show was in the days before the Internet. No, not really, but it was before Internet was accessible to almost every person at home or at work. Because of that, radio was still an important source for hearing music, especially new music. Specific radio shows, music magazines and a few tv-shows, those were my major sources for new and interesting music.

At present I can’t see myself without using the Internet. However, all the accessibility that the net provides also makes me forget about my favourite music show that still runs every Monday night. At times I come to think of it and listen to the most recent shows that are available for re-listening, but then, some weeks on, my mind focuses on something else and I forget about listen to the show, live on the radio or on the Internet. It's a shame really. This evening I’ve spent some of my time listening to the show from this Monday, but tomorrow I’ll probably be doing something totally different and some time will pass before I’ll put some time aside to listen to P3 Pop again. That’s how it goes, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment