Life through music. When something is important to you it tends to infuence your life and it becomes a part of who you are. This something for me is music; I simply cannot live without it. Through this blog I share some insights and reflections upon the music in my life.


Sunday, October 02, 2011

Black Rainbows

I listen. What I hear is a beautiful voice surrounded by the slightly distorted rock music that I like. I hear a naked and romantic soundscape upon which the sad voice falls. I hear the singer, whose voice I love, break through a mix of nostalgia, contemporary and timeless music.

I listen all day long. I listen at night, as I wait for my eyelids to become heavy. I listen, and I want more.

I got my copy of Brett Anderson’s new and fourth solo album, ‘Black Rainbows’, by mail this Friday. It was eagerly awaited. The snippets of the songs that I had previously heard had made me very interested and I knew this album would be special.

signed cover art
After these few days it’s difficult to say that some songs have become favourites already. However I must admit that I feel something special for ‘Unsung’, ‘Crash About to Happen’, ‘This Must Be Where It Ends’, and ‘Possession’.

Now I wish that I get at chance to hear these songs live, but yet it doesn’t seem so.

No comments:

Post a Comment