Life through music. When something is important to you it tends to infuence your life and it becomes a part of who you are. This something for me is music; I simply cannot live without it. Through this blog I share some insights and reflections upon the music in my life.


Friday, August 10, 2012

Wildbirds & Peacedrums

I have recently spent some time in my old home town in the northern part of Sweden. Whilst being there I went to the small, one day festival Broöppning! on August 4. It is truly a small festival. For one evening/night some interesting bands play different stages at the island of Härnö, an island on which a great part of the town Härnösand is situated. This year the Cathedral had been added as one stage of four, and I believe the total tickets sold were 900.

I saw lovely performances by Anna Järvinen, Frida Hyvönen, Deportees and Loney Dear.
Deportees

Then I stumbled upon something new that I had not heard before. It was the duo Wildbirds & Peacedrums. Their music just hit me as I witnessed their powerful gig at St Petri Logen.

Here is the song 'Bleed like there was no other flood'  by Wildbirds & Peacedrums:

No comments:

Post a Comment