Life through music. When something is important to you it tends to infuence your life and it becomes a part of who you are. This something for me is music; I simply cannot live without it. Through this blog I share some insights and reflections upon the music in my life.


Thursday, July 21, 2011

If you have to go

My mind and thoughts took me back in time yesterday. Why I happened to think about this particular band, I’m not quite sure. Maybe I wanted to spread some lovely music to people around me, and this band just popped into my head? Maybe this music is so close to my heart, even though I may not listen to it that frequently, that I always mention it to people I care about? Maybe there’s some truth in that, I like to think so.

Years ago I stumbled over this band that was at the same label as my beloved Suede, i.e. nude records. I don't know how I came to listen to their music but I know that I loved it from the start. I know their debut 'Further' by heart and I do love their second and last album, 'Weather Underground', too.

The band is Geneva.
aplaceinthespace

As I went through some videos at YouTube yesterday, I happened to see an interesting address: www.aplaceinthespace.co.uk

- And that’s how I found out that they've not gone away, not entirely, because there you'll find them and their wonderful music. It’s a lovely site.

Here is one of their beautiful songs: If you have to go



If you click onto my Further page, so named because of Geneva's album, you'll find their MySpace as well as the one of singer Andrew Montgomery. And, finally, I think it’s a shame that their second album can’t be found at Spotify...

No comments:

Post a Comment