Life through music. When something is important to you it tends to infuence your life and it becomes a part of who you are. This something for me is music; I simply cannot live without it. Through this blog I share some insights and reflections upon the music in my life.


Saturday, July 23, 2011

Reading about music

My search for Geneva the other day took me even further when I found this link at the Geneva site:
have you seen the horizon book yet?

A good read was what I found, even two of them:

Jamie S. Rich has written about 'Weather Underground', Geneva’s second album from 2000, at his blog: Confessions of a Pop Fan. This was the first time I came across his blog and apparently he has (some years ago) written about 52 albums that have had significance to him as a fan.

For me it was an experience to read his thoughts on Weather Underground and later also his thoughts on Suede's single compilation from 2003, track by track.

This might not sound that interesting to some, but I must point out that the man can write! If you haven't read it, and have a somewhat interest in the mentioned albums or bands, I urge you to do so.

I'm sure there are more interesting things to read there, especially among those 52 albums, but this was as far as I got the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment