Life through music. When something is important to you it tends to infuence your life and it becomes a part of who you are. This something for me is music; I simply cannot live without it. Through this blog I share some insights and reflections upon the music in my life.


Thursday, April 22, 2010

Clinging to a scheme & the S word

The soundtrack for this post is The Radio Dept.’s newly released album ‘Clinging to a Scheme’, more on that later.

First a short note about that I finally have got my t-shirt, probably one of the best looking ones. It’s the “two thousand and ten t-shirt”. It might be interesting to compare this one to the more "ancient" one from the early nineties, I’ve just added a photo of it to the ‘Beautiful things’ page. The latest one is surely less provoking. One more thought about this t-shirt; why does it always take such a long time to get something delivered from townsend-records?

As I wrote the other day, my greatest love in music will be doing another show, this one in December at the O2 arena in London. The tickets are on sale from tomorrow, however there were a pre-sale yesterday and guess what, I bought a couple. So, I’ll be heading for London in December again. It feels strange thinking about the concert now in April already...

Hopefully I’ll be going to some concerts in between now and December, however so far I haven’t planned any. The Radio Dept. are to play here on May 13, however it’s at a 'student place', and I’m not a student, so I’ll have to manage that somehow. It would be great to see them though.

‘Clinging to a Scheme’ Some of the songs I’ve already listened to quite a lot and I love them, like ‘David’ and ‘Heaven’s on Fire’. Now it’s time for the others as well.

To end this post I’d like to quote Brett Anderson. He’s on the go with he's solo work and says:
with all the fuss going on down the road i thought i'd let you know what's going on about the next solo record.
on monday, Leo and myself started writing properly together. we have about 15 backing tracks to work on , edited and compiled from the jam sessions in january .
things are already feeling good... the music is live and urgent and very inspiring to write to. so far we have 3 complete songs... one mid-paced, stately album opener called 'Unsung', a fierce rocker and a brand new untitled beast which i am writing parts for today and sounds a bit like 'Idiot' period Iggy.. dark, industrial and damaged.
no one who is interested in my solo stuff need worry that i am being sidetracked by the S word... my goal over the next few months is to crack on with album number 4 and hopefully have it ready by the end of the year. when it will be released i can't say but i do know it's going to be special. 
Brett's "notes from the underground" can be found at the forum.

Now I’ll continue listening to The Radio Dept.’s Clinging to a scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment