Life through music. When something is important to you it tends to infuence your life and it becomes a part of who you are. This something for me is music; I simply cannot live without it. Through this blog I share some insights and reflections upon the music in my life.


Monday, April 19, 2010

Music to my ears

It's been quiet here for some time. I haven't had that much to write about. Today there’re some interesting news and other things I’d like to share though.

I got an email this morning; it said that Suede are going to play at the O2 arena in London on December 7. That’s news indeed. Earlier on, some days after the RAH gig, it was announced that they’re going to play at the Smukfest festival in Skanderborg, Denmark on August 7. Two more Suede gigs in 2010 then, nice.

I do wonder, is there something about the number 7? It was seven years since they had played together before the Albert Hall gig, they’re playing on August 7 and then on December 7...

I have thought about going to Smukfest, but I don’t know, it seems a bit off. London is always nice, but the arena is a real big one. I read on the website that it has capacity for up to 20,000. As I think I’ve written before, I do prefer smaller venues. Well, I won’t decide upon this now. I’ll have to think about it for some time...

The other thing that really made me smile when I saw it was this clip that I found posted on the facebook group “We want a Suede @ Royal Albert Hall DVD!!!” today. Do join that group, if you like, it’s open for all. I don’t know if we actually can manage to get the TCT to release a DVD consisting of the whole Suede concert, but it’s worth a try.

The video that makes me smile is this one from the BBC. It’s Bernard Butler playing Animal Nitrate! He’s teaching us how to play it. I just love it! Watch it and I think you’ll agree!



To have Mr Butler as my guitar teacher, that would have been something. I guess this is as close as one can get to that. I definitely will take my guitar and play some. However, since I haven’t played on it for some time now I’ll be careful to play it far away from anyone else’s ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment