Life through music. When something is important to you it tends to infuence your life and it becomes a part of who you are. This something for me is music; I simply cannot live without it. Through this blog I share some insights and reflections upon the music in my life.


Wednesday, April 14, 2010

No need to argue

Some words about another song. It is strange how this song came to play a part in my life. I did at times put on this song by The Cranberries, on repeat, and I had it as a kind of mantra: chanting and filling the room... These moments were not healthy ones. My set of mind was often sad, dejected, or numb. At times these moments were also consisting of me acting out on the emotions hitting me.

I have not listened to the song for many years, but I know it by heart. Somehow, when I think about the song, and almost hear it playing in my head, I get a feeling of coldness. It is like when the snow has started to melt and you can tell that there is life beneath it. However, the few spots uncovering the earth only show the dead grass of the autumn. Even though the spring sun is shining at times, it is still cloudy and the cold wind is making you aware of the brisk truth of ugliness.
 
The Cranberries - No Need To Argue
(spotify)

No comments:

Post a Comment