Life through music. When something is important to you it tends to infuence your life and it becomes a part of who you are. This something for me is music; I simply cannot live without it. Through this blog I share some insights and reflections upon the music in my life.


Saturday, February 13, 2010

Is simplicity best, or simply the easiest?

It might be a playlist...

It's hard to compose one. I've ended up with several different ones but not one that's completed. I've tried using different themes to build upon but somehow something's always missing.

At present I generally use Spotify to make these lists. Of course some of the artists/bands, albums or songs that I would like to add to my list (or lists for that matter) aren’t included in the Spotify database. However out of the numerous songs that are, I should be able to come up with a playlist, not a perfect one, but at least one that I could recommend.

Here's the thing, I've made one just now, and I'm posting the link for it here.

I don't know what to think of it, it isn't that much thought behind it really. Maybe that's the way to make one? I simply named it February because of the month we're in and the only thing I had decided in advance was that it should start and end with the theme songs for my blogs. Starting with this one and ending with "While pylons hide the suicide". Then I just picked tunes from what I’ve been listening to recently. The list is about one hour long with twelve songs and maybe I’ll call it a playlist...

For those without a Spotify account, here's the list in writing:
The 2 of Us – Suede, Såhär – Anna Järvinen, Låt floden komma – [ingenting], Frozen Roads – Brett Anderson, Terrified – Anna Ternheim, Sunday Morning – The Velvet Underground & Nico, Redhead Girl – Air, Keep the Streets Empty for Me – Fever Ray, World Full of Nothing – Depeche Mode, Atmosphere – Joy Division, Freddy and the Trojan Horse – The Radio Dept., Whipsnade - Suede.

No comments:

Post a Comment