Life through music. When something is important to you it tends to infuence your life and it becomes a part of who you are. This something for me is music; I simply cannot live without it. Through this blog I share some insights and reflections upon the music in my life.


Monday, February 22, 2010

Warm-up gigs

Well, all of my few guesses were wrong. The news presented by Suede via Teenage Cancer Trust today, is that they will do two warm-up gigs before the one at Royal Albert Hall:
  • Saturday 20 March, 100 Club, London
  • Sunday 21 March, Ritz, Manchester 
I won't be going to any of those gigs, even if I would have loved to. However I think this will be a wonderful opportunity for all those fans that have missed out on tickets for the main event, and I know there are some. And, while reading the press release it makes me glad to see that they've arranged for a special kind of auction to sell the tickets. Hopefully this means that it will be very hard for touts to get hold of them.

I think these warm-up shows will be wonderful. The band together for the first time in years, playing at quite small venues (I think), and with dedicated "starving" fans at their feet... Oh, I would have loved to go to the London gig. However, the show at Royal Albert Hall will be wonderful too. Almost a month left and still so much to do before I can go to England and London.

I wish the best for all, band and fans, regarding these additional gigs and hope for a wonderful show on the 24 instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment