Life through music. When something is important to you it tends to infuence your life and it becomes a part of who you are. This something for me is music; I simply cannot live without it. Through this blog I share some insights and reflections upon the music in my life.


Monday, February 01, 2010

Nalen, Stockholm January 28, 2010


The day came.

It was Thursday night and Brett Anderson entered the stage at Nalen in Stockholm together with his band. 'Hymn' started it all, and after the tunes of 'Funeral Mantra' had faded, about 90 minutes later, it was over.

The man had a smile on his face, a twinkle in his eyes and passion in his voice. The energy Brett and the band delivered that night was moving. It made me remember old Suede concerts and it made me feel alive.

As told, no Suede song were played, and frankly I didn't feel the need for it. Even though my love for Suede and their wonderful music is huge, this concert was all about Brett's solo work, and it was just what I wanted to hear whilst being there. Before the concert I said to my friends that it would be nice hearing at least one Suede song, but being by the stage my only thought was that I wanted him to play 'Song for My Father'. He didn't play that one, but 18 other beautiful songs.

One highlight for me was 'The Swans', it was as amazing live as I'd thought.

Now it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment