Life through music. When something is important to you it tends to infuence your life and it becomes a part of who you are. This something for me is music; I simply cannot live without it. Through this blog I share some insights and reflections upon the music in my life.


Tuesday, February 23, 2010

kent

Earlier this year I'd thought about going to a concert with Kent, on their current tour. However all this with Suede reappearing and their concert in London, somehow almost made me forget about other bands and concerts for a while.

Actually, the only band I've seen on stage more times than Suede is Kent, and of course it has to do with that they are Swedish, just as I am. The first time I saw them, in 1995, I hadn't really started to listen to them that much, but I did after seeing them and hearing them some more. They will probably be great on this tour, but somehow I think no concert that I'll see with them can beat the one they did 1997 in Eskilstuna (at P3 Popstad), their home town, originally. It was quite an amazing show.

I haven't really listened to them that much during the last seven or eight years, but I do love concerts and there are some tunes on their latest album that I like, even though I haven't gone through it that many times.

Since I had been hesitating on going to this concert I hadn't bought a ticket. I wanted to know how much I would have to spend on going to London for the Suede concert, and I wasn't really sure I should be going to both. Even so, some days ago I checked to see if there were any standing tickets left for the Kent concert I had in mind, and there weren't. At first I thought, well that means I'm not going, but later on the concert person in me awoke and I thought I should try it a few days on to see if there might have been any cancellations, there usually are.

About only looking for standing tickets; I have a problem with sitting down at concerts, at a good show I can't really sit still. I need to be standing, so I can move and freely get into the music with every part of my body. With that in mind, I always look for standing tickets. Of course I go to concerts even if I have to be seated, however I prefer to stand. Anyway, this morning I logged on to the site to see if there was a ticket for me, and there was!

Now I need to refresh my ears with some Kent music. Maybe I should try making a Kent playlist? Well, I'll have to think about that - considering my "success" so far. I've got about two weeks to soak myself with Kent before the concert, that shouldn't be hard. It might do me good to stay away from Suede for some time as well, or..?

In wait for a possible Kent playlist, their latest album Röd and their web page (in Swedish though): kent

No comments:

Post a Comment