Life through music. When something is important to you it tends to infuence your life and it becomes a part of who you are. This something for me is music; I simply cannot live without it. Through this blog I share some insights and reflections upon the music in my life.


Thursday, March 04, 2010

An "anti avant-garde group"

Interesting, that's how far I can go at the moment.

I'm listening to the announced support act for Suede at the Royal Albert Hall. They're called 'These New Puritans'. The quotation in the heading for this post is taken from the band presentation on the TCT page.

I don't know if I get it, not so far any way, linking the quotation and the music that is. And I don't know if I get the music, I'll have to listen some more.

However, I don't know if I get the quotation in itself either. Maybe the expression avant-garde means something else for me, because I don't get the idea of saying that something is anti avant-garde. If someone would say that about something I would probably think that he/she doesn't like it. This should however mean something positive about the band since it would be odd if the presentation isn't meant to promote the band... Perhaps I'm getting it all wrong.

In the presentation it's written: 'anti avant-garde' group. I don't know where it comes from, if it's a description from the band (or related people) or if it's from an outsider, e.g. a journalist. I think I'll have to do some digging here. About the band and what's been written about them. I can't just leave this. I need to find out, that's how it is to be curious.

While doing that I can continue listen to These New Puritans, to see if it's music for my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment