Life through music. When something is important to you it tends to infuence your life and it becomes a part of who you are. This something for me is music; I simply cannot live without it. Through this blog I share some insights and reflections upon the music in my life.


Friday, March 12, 2010

Kent (and the aftermath)

They came, they played, and they went. I saw Kent play a couple of nights ago.

As I'm suffering from the effects of long-term sleep deprivation, and I had some difficult nights before the day of the concert, I wasn't sure I should be going to it, not even up until a few hours before it started.

I did go, however, and even though I felt absolutely dreadful of tiredness afterwards I don't regret going. I really liked it. I didn't have any expectations on which songs they were going to perform. I had an idea about what I might hear since I'd read the outline of some playlists from their recent shows, but I wasn't really longing to hear any particular song. I just wanted a good concert, and that was what I got.


I think it had been about two years since I saw them perform the last time, so it had been a while, and during that time I hadn't been listening to their music that much. Maybe it was that "lack of preparation", if you will, that made me almost ecstatic about hearing some of the songs they played. It’s one of the feelings that make me love concerts.

I didn't have the energy to put into the experience that I would have loved to, but it was sufficient on my part. I was satisfied walking home afterwards, and, don't forget, very tired. In addition my body ached somewhat.

I do worry a bit over how tired I was though. Less than two weeks from now, I'm going to be entering the Royal Albert Hall for, what I hope to be, a magnificent experience (no, I don't have any expectations... not at all...). The event in itself will give me some extra energy, I think, but still, I need to be well rested before that one. Don't know how I'm going to manage that. I can't really rule over my body, if I could I wouldn't have had these problems with insomnia.

I need to get better soon. I don’t want to miss out on anything just because I don’t have the strength for it, be it physical or psychological.

No comments:

Post a Comment